On March 30, Brown released its Regular Decision results for the class of 2021. Remember this exciting, sob-inducing, mom-get-the-camera moment?
Here are some highlights about this year’s accepted students:
- This pool was the largest in history, with 32,724 applicants. 2, 772 were accepted in total, making for an acceptance rate of 8.3%.
- Beyond the numbers, this group of potential students represents all 50 states and 77 nations. This year, the top states represented were (unsurprisingly) New York, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Florida. International students mainly hail from China, the United Kingdom, Canada and Singapore.
- 47.4% identify as students of color.
- 64% intend to apply with financial aid.
- Only 21 students were accepted into the RISD Dual Degree program, making for a slim acceptance rate of 2.9%.
- Additionally, 95 students were accepted as PLME students, making for a 3.9% acceptance rate.
- The top ten intended concentrations include: political science, BEO, English, mathematics, neuroscience, engineering, biology, biochemistry, computer science, and economics.